Friday, October 28, 2011

10 Reasons to Follow Jesus

10. Meaning (that's bigger than a pay-check)
9.   Purpose (that lasts beyond a lifetime)
8.   Hope (that ain't a wish list but a future promise)
7.   Joy (that's more than a buzz, a one-night stand, or a house in the Hamptons)
6.   Mercy (that ain't wrist breaking make you say "uncle," but heart-wrenching cleanse your funky soul)
5.   Forgiveness (that's genuine, to the bone, deep, dark get your skeletons out the closet)
4.   Peace (that's more than a mantra of "Oms")
3.   Liberation (that's addiction breaking, bondage busting)
2.   Re-birth (that's night and day "what happened to the a##hole I use to call my husband?")
1.  Love (that's look-death-in-the-face, lay-it-all-on-the-line unconditional)

What are your reasons?

1 comment:

mecco@mail.com said...

Thanks for getting me thinking why I follow Jesus!

1. He has revealed himself to me. Why is this invisible God real to me, and not to everyone?

2. He helps me out a lot. Not in big ways, though, just enough to get me through difficulties.

3. He is fun to be with. When He is around, its always good. No matter what, His presence makes it better. Even when He is rebuking me, its better than when I cannot feel him at all.